Double bedDouble bed
©Double bed


Practical information and tourist tax

Are you an accommodation owner? On this page, you’ll find all the information you need: opening hours, classification, regulations, etc.

A practical page

for hosts

Would you like to set up a chambre d’hôtes or meublé de tourisme? Are you an accommodation provider with questions about classification? It’s not always easy to make sense of all the information available.

The Tourist Office is your ideal point of contact for information, advice and guidance.

To help you find what you’re looking for, we’ve put together some practical information on this page.

You are opening a new hosting

or intend to do so?

You may be wondering what the difference is between a chambres d’hôtes and a meublé de tourisme. Visit to find out more about :

Is it possible to rent out your primary or secondary residence? And for how long?
Here are the rules that apply to :

You’re ready to take the plunge and become an accommodation provider. Before welcoming your first tourists, you’ll need to take a few administrative steps.

  • Apply for registration to obtain a SIRET number.
    You can do this online, free of charge, at
    To help you with these formalities, you can ask the CCI Métropole de Bourgogne for assistance. To do so, call the Écuisses branch on tel. 03 85 77 99 00 (fee-based service).
  • Register your accommodation with the town hall of the commune where it is located. This step is compulsory. To do so, download the relevant cerfa form below and hand it in at the town hall.

What are the rental rules?

Visit this page to find out more about rental contracts, the obligations of the lessor and lessee, insurance, etc.

What is classification?

What are the benefits?

Managed by Atout France, the classification of tourist accommodation covers hotels, campsites, leisure parks, tourist residences and vacation villages.

Classification in brief

  • Classification is official recognition of the quality of your accommodation.
  • It guarantees the conformity and quality of your accommodation with national and international standards.
  • As your offer is better identified, classification enables it to be better promoted by tourism organizations.
  • You will be issued with a statutory sign (approved by the Ministry of Tourism) attesting to the classification of your accommodation.
  • The classification is valid for 5 years.
  • It gives you the opportunity to be approved as a “Chèque Vacances” provider (information available fromANCV).
  • It also entitles you to an advantageous tax deduction (depending on your situation, check with your tax office).

Approved tourist accommodation classification bodies in Saône-et-Loire

List of other accredited organizations available here.

If you run a hotel, visit the Atout France website dedicated to classification to find out which organizations are accredited.

Rental and taxation

As with any remunerated activity, income from the rental of a meublé de tourisme or a chambre d’hôtes is subject to income tax.

Consult the following links on the French tax site to find out which rules apply:

For further information, please contact your local tax office.

Tourist tax

A tourist tax has been introduced by the Creusot Montceau Urban Community on its territory since January1, 2012. All tourist accommodations are required to collect the tax.

The Creusot Montceau Community Tourist Office manages the collection of the tourist tax and provides accommodation providers with an online declaration platform. This replaces paper declarations.

On this platform, you can consult all the practical information relating to the local tourist tax: deliberations, rates, collection periods, collection by digital operators. To consult this information, you don’t need to create an account.

Click below to go to the taxe de séjour platform.

Do you have a question about tourist tax?

The Tourist Office team is here to help.
Contact Julie, your representative.
Tel. 03 85 55 02 46.